The MRI results came back this evening and they are great! Dr. Sacco feels very confident that he got out about 95% of the tumor. The remaining 5% (which could actually be less!) should be able to be taken care of with the chemo/radiation treatments that we will do next. We are SOOOOO thankful for this amazing news. I can't tell you how much of a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!
We have moved down to the floor now, and will stay here until further notice. We should meet with our neuro-oncologist tomorrow to confirm that we won't need anymore surgery in the near future, but we feel strongly that she will agree with Dr. Sacco. The next step is waiting for the pathology results that will most likely take until the end of the week!
At this point we are really living day-to-day. Sometimes it's hour-to-hour. We aren't looking at the big picture that all of this means, because honestly it's just too overwhelming. Right now we know that our sweet boy is doing well and is happy. And that is all we can ask for today!
My dad got James a portable dvd player that we can use in the hospital and when we go to chemo. James has never watched movies before, so I wasn't sure how he would react. Our pediatrician was here the other day and I had turned it on for James to watch Cars. I started apologizing to her because I know that TV watching is terrible for your child. She told me that throughout this journey I am going to be doing alot of things that I never thought that I would do as a parent. I need to do whatever I can to get through it, and she thought the dvds were a great idea.
Speaking of dvds, does anyone have ideas about how to entertain an 8 month old during chemo treatments?! If you have ideas, I'd love to hear them. So far I have movies. That's the only thing on my list!
And finally, dear friends, let me thank you for everything. I know I sound like a broken record, but I could not be going through this journey without the wonderful, caring, supportive friends and family in our lives. I truly feel that prayer lifts us up and carries us when our hearts are too heavy to hold. Thank you for sustaining me and breathing life into me when I wasn't sure I had breath left. There is not an hour that goes by that I don't reflect on your kind words of encouragement. You are such a blessing to me and I am so very grateful for you.